Octomore 12.2 follows in the footsteps of previous Sauternes legends. The now infamous Octomore 4.2 (Comus) became one of the most acclaimed and sought- after whiskies in our distillery’s portfolio, confirming that heavy peat smoke combined with sweet dessert wine of Sauternes is an incredible pairing. This Octomore 12.2 would spend three and a half years in ex-American oak casks, building a solid foundation of fruity and floral spirit in our lochside warehouses before being recasked in to impeccable quality Sauternes casks. The pivotal role of the Sauternes casks would add 18 months of supercharged fruit. Melon, white peach, honeysuckle and coconut add a real twist and sweetness to compliment the peat smoke of this heavily phenolic malt.
- Malted to 129.7 Ppm
- Distilled in 2015 From the 2014 Harvest of 100% Scottish Grown Concerto Barley
- Maturation Profile: a 50/50 Combination of 1st and 2nd Fill American Whiskey Casks Which Were Vatted Together in 2019 and Finished in First Fill French Sauterne Wine Casks
- Matured Entirely on Islay for Five Aged Years
- Bottled Unchill-filtered and Colouring Free at Bruichladdich Distillery
- Bottled at 57.3% Alc./vol
Bottle Size: 750ml